Recreational Marijuana FAQ
What is the age limit for purchasing recreational marijuana?
Only adults age 21 and older can purchase and possess legal weed. Learn more.
Are taxes included in your prices?
Yes. 43% Tax is included in all of the prices on our menu. We hope that the tax rates will decrease in the future, but in the meantime, we will continue to work hard to bring you the most competitive prices in the recreational and medical marijuana markets in Washington state.
Do you sell recreational edibles and concentrates in addition to marijuana?
Yes. As we do with our cannabis, we source the highest quality edibles and concentrates in the recreational market. We also carry several edibles and concentrates that are high in CBD. Check out our menu to look at the infused cannabis products we currently have available.
Do you sell vaporizers and cartridges?
Yes, we carry a great selection of vaporizers ranging from flower vapes (Pax, Ascent, DaVinci) , cartridge vapes (house pen, Vuber, Dopen), and concentrate vapes (Vuber, Dr. Dabber). We only carry the highest quality vaporizers for your concentrate and oil enjoyment. Check out our paraphernalia PDF for more details on the cannabis consumption devices we have available.
How much legal recreational weed am I allowed to purchase per visit?
One ounce of recreational marijuana, 16 ounces of marijuana-infused edibles in solid form, 72 ounces in liquid form, and 7 grams of recreational marijuana concentrates.
Medical Marijuana FAQ
How to I get my medical marijuana card?
Beginning July 1, 2016, individuals can get a medical marijuana card by completing the following:

Get a physician recommendation
Ask your doctor to fill out an authorization form
Bring $1 processing fee and your completed form to High End Market Place so that we can create your card
What is the age limit for purchasing recreational marijuana?
Only adults age 21 and older can purchase and possess legal weed.
If I have my card and grow my allotted number of plants, will I legally be able to make my own concentrates?
It is illegal for people to use butane to extract marijuana resins or to produce any form of marijuana concentrates unless they’re licensed as marijuana processors by the LCB.
Will medical marijuana patients have to buy their marijuana from state-licensed retail stores?
Yes, unless they grow their own. Beginning July 1, 2016, all non-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries must close down. However, medical marijuana patients can grow up to 15 plants if authorized by healthcare practitioner. Learn more.
How much legal medical cannabis am I allowed to purchase per visit?
Up to:

3 ounces of marijuana flower;
48 ounces of marijuana-infused edibles in solid form;
216 ounces in liquid form;
21 grams of recreational marijuana concentrates.
General Marijuana FAQ
Can I take my marijuana purchase outside of Washington state?
It is illegal to take marijuana outside of Washington.
Can I legally purchase recreational marijuana and give it to someone else as a gift?
It remains a felony for anyone who is not a licensed retailer to sell or provide marijuana to anyone else. Providing or selling marijuana to a minor under the age of 18 can result in up to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
What should I bring with me in order to purchase marijuana?
A valid photo ID is required, and no one under 21 is allowed on the retail premises.
How do you source your recreational marijuana and infused products?
At High End Market Place, we check out every facility that we purchase our cannabis products from. At times, we will even visit a facility two or three times to pick from specific lots of marijuana so that we can ensure that our customers only get the highest quality weed and infused products. We carefully select only the highest quality marijuana products and have consciously curated a cannabis menu that strives to meet the demand of the legal weed market in Southwest Washington, and Portland, OR. From the soil quality to the air, light, and water systems our partners utilize, we all work together to ensure that we are offering the most responsibly produced and processed cannabis products in the market that are manufactured to maintain consistency, sustainability, and growth as the recreational marijuana market continues to evolve.
There are a lot of pot shops out there. What makes yours different?
We are located in a 1940’s craftsman style house in downtown Vancouver, WA. That makes our store’s style unique, comfortable, and refreshing for our customers. We also highlight local artists in our checkin area, and host a cannabis culture event every last Sunday of the month called Sunday Sessions. We are the first cannabis business to be a member of several community and civic organizations, and feel a specific responsibility to work towards changing the stigma that can be associated with recreational marijuana use and its users. We’ve heard that the experience our customers have when they come into our shop is unmatched. Check us out today to see the High End difference.
Do I need my medical marijuana card to purchase at your dispensary?
No. We can serve recreational customers within the state of Washington if you are 21 years of age or older, and have a valid form of ID on you.
Medical patients must bring a valid ID and their medical marijuana patient card. Medical patients below the age of 18 must have a valid ID, their medical marijuana card, and a parent or legal guardian serving as their designated provider present.
Why don’t you sell on testing labels?
After having visited at least 100 different cannabis facilities in Washington State, we have come to the conclusion that quality of the product speaks for itself. The testing label does tell you numbers of THC, CBD, and THCA, but what it does not tell you is whether it came from a clean, responsibly run facility from experienced growers. After educating ourselves through these facility visits, we understand and stand behind the quality of our products 110%. In addition, we believe that through reliable cannabis research the testing standards currently put in place by the State of Washington will only become more thorough and based more on the unique complexities this plant offers. Check out some of our facility visits for an inside look at some our partners.
Do you take credit or debit cards?
At this point in time, we do not. We hope that legalization on the federal level will allow for this in the upcoming years. But, we do have two ATMs at our location for your convenience. Be aware that there is a $2.95 surcharge, so please plan ahead in order to avoid bank fees.
How do you source your paraphernalia?
We partner with local glass blowers in Vancouver, Washington and surrounding areas. We have several glass pieces that are custom made by companies like Subliminal Glass, and Jenkins Glass. We have what you need whether that be a high end glass dab rig, bubbler, bong, or pipe, to more reasonably priced options as well.
I love social media! Where can I find High End and other cannabis businesses?
We are on Facebook, Google+, Yelp, Massroots, Twitter, and Instagram. Check us out through these channels, and please feel free to provide any feedback about your experience with us or the legal weed you’ve purchased here.
What is the difference between Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid strains?
In general, Sativa marijuana strains are described as having uplifting effects that may inspire creativity and heighten awareness of surroundings. In contrast the effects reported from Indica marijuana strains are more calming with the addition of an increase in body relaxation. Hybrid marijuana strains are a mixture of both Sativa and Indica strains in order to get the best of both worlds. Please note that these are all generalizations, and while they can serve as a rule-of-thumb, we recommend that cannabis users explore their options in small doses in order to find the strains that work best with their individual body chemistry. Cannabis is not a one-size-fits-all plant, and therefore takes a little guided experimentation in order to find what works for you.
Learn more on Leafly.
Is it legal to drive under the influence of marijuana?
It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana if you have more than 5 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood. Doing so may result in significant legal penalties.